Saturday, March 22, 2008

Reminder: Reading on Wednesday 26/3



Firstly, I'm pasting in this email I've been sent by Michele Leggott, to remind you of her open invitation to the first in her ongoing series of readings by local and student writers:


POETRY READING
AT OGH LOUNGE 26 MARCH, 5-7 PM
ALL WELCOME!


LOUNGE #1 WEDNESDAY 26 MARCH
Old Government House Lounge, Princes St and Waterloo Quadrant, 5-7 pm

Featuring local poets and student writers:

Rosetta Allan
Helena Dunn
Rowan French
Bernard Griffen
Joanna Grochowicz
Tim Heath
Dena Pezet
Chris Price
Jack Ross
Kirsten Warner

Free entry. Food and drinks for sale in the Buttery. Information:
Michele Leggott
m.leggott@auckland.ac.nz
373 7599 x87342
POSTER: http://www.nzepc.auckland.ac.nz/events/lounge01_poster.pdf


The LOUNGE readings are a continuing project of the New Zealand Electronic Poetry Centre (nzepc), Auckland University Press and Auckland University English Department in association with the Staff Common Room Club at Old Government House.

Secondly, I've made a poetry tape for each of you to supplement the Course Anthology. I can pass them on to Mary to give to you at our next session, on Monday 7th April. Or, alternatively, if you'd rather not wait that long, I can bring them along to the reading on Wednesday. Whichever suits you best.

2 comments:

Kath said...

Thanks Jack :) I will definitely try to make it there. However, I think it may be best to leave the tape distribution until our next class. I'm sure you've got enough to think about, doing a reading and all! Thanks for this. Looking forward to hearing the readings. :)

Dr Jack Ross said...

Good advice. I'll give the tapes to Mary instead to give out on Monday 7th April. Remember the session after that will be on Harlow and Carson both, so please have a good read -- and, if possible, a listen -- to both of them (I've put up a link to Carson reading on her page below).